Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Migrate or flee?

How would you like to see a link on your local community website to THAT stark choice?  The people of Tuvalu saw such a posting go up on July 9, 2011.  Here it is.

And here's the terrifying picture they posted.

Tuvalu













When I was a kid I used to deliberately scare myself by imagining that I was stranded on a deserted island, a la Robinson Crusoe, and only when the tide rose did I realize that it was actually submerged most of the time!  Gave me delicious shivers, and not-so-delicious nightmares.  And it is actually happening to the people of Tuvalu!

Don't let it happen to the rest of us.  Act now.  Stand up.  Join - speak - donate - rally - do something!  Talk to a neighbor!  Call the President!  Now is the time, people.  Hair on fire.  We've got seven more years.  I probably have socks I haven't washed in seven years - it's NOT THAT FREAKING LONG.

No comments:

Post a Comment